Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The greatest job in the world

So, I started my new job last week after getting home from California (which was excellent, by the way. Maybe I'll write about it sometime.) I'm working for Manor Township as a counselor for the Playground in the Parks program, which is more or less a day camp lasting eight weeks for local elementary kids. Why, you may ask, is it the greatest job in the world? It's like recess, only I get paid. Honestly, it can hardly be considered a job. By the end of summer, I'm expecting to be the master of most every sport/game you can remember playing as a child, because we play them all. Every day. I'm also going to be ridiculously tan and have an overabundance of handmade friendship bracelets, because that is what elementary girls do when they don't want to play sports. I still get paid when it rains and I don't have to go to work, and I get paid lunch breaks. Our first field trip is on Thursday. That's right, we go on field trips. Field trips! This job is so much better than any job I've ever had before. For real.

Being excited about going to work every day truly is a wonderful thing.

No comments: